ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer July 2023 Cohort
Make a Referal
Ensure your information security system is secured
This training course is designed to prepare participants in implementing an information security management system (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001. It aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the best practices of an ISMS and a framework for its continual management and improvement.
Why ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer?
After attending the training course, you can take the exam. If you successfully pass it, you can apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” credential, which demonstrates your ability and practical knowledge to implement an ISMS based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001.
ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer training course consists of 5 modules which enables to acquire the knowledge necessary to support an organization in effectively planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and maintaining an information security management system (ISMS).
5 days: 18th – 22nd, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (CST) daily
What you'll learn
- Explain the fundamental concepts and principles of an information security management system (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001.
- Interpret the ISO/IEC 27001 requirements for an ISMS from the perspective of an implementer.
- Initiate and plan the implementation of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001, by utilizing PECB’s IMS2 Methodology and other best practices.
- Support an organization in operating, maintaining, and continually improving an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001.
- Prepare an organization to undergo a third-party certification audit.
Who should attend
- Project managers and consultants involved in and concerned with the implementation of an ISMS
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an ISMS
- Individuals responsible for ensuring conformity to information security requirements within an organization
Members of an ISMS implementation team.
Why train with us
- Our Instructors are vetted and authorized by PECB
- FREE post-training support
- Flexible study plan
- Guidance on Exam scheduling
Mode of delievry
|JULY||US, North America||5 days||18th – 22nd||9:00 am – 4:00 pm (CST) daily||Enrol Now|
Module 1 – Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 and initiation of an ISMS
Module 2 – Planning the implementation of an ISMS
Module 3 – Implementation of an ISMS
Module 4 – ISMS monitoring, continual improvement and preparation for the certification audit
Taking the Exam
The different domains of the ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer exam are completed on the same day. The total test time is 3 hours with no breaks in between.
The following represents the percentage of questions in each domain that are included in the examination
|Domain||Percentage of Items of Test|
|I. Fundamental principles and concepts of an information security management system (ISMS)||18.75%|
|II. Information security management system (ISMS)||15%|
|III. Planning an ISMS implementation based on ISO/IEC 27001||22.5%|
|IV. Implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001||17.5%|
|V. Monitoring and measurement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001||12.5%|
|VI. Continual improvement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001||7.5%|
|VII. Preparing for an ISMS certification audit||6.25%|
All of 80 questions (multiple choice)/ 12 questions (essay type) will be graded toward your score. The exam can be administered as Multiple Choice or Essay Type.
Idris is an ISO/IEC 27001 certified Information Security Management Systems lead implementer, and a seasoned business analyst with over a decade of experience and expertise in improving businesses, creating innovative solutions, information security, and product management.
Idris holds a BSc in Biochemistry from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and has acquired two postgraduate Diplomas in Nutrition and Business Administration from Ahmadu Bello University and the National Open University of Nigeria respectively. He has over the years contributed in the innovation of cutting-edge solutions and business improvement processes for organizations in Nigeria, the UK, and beyond.